Sunday 19 June 2016

Sew...Sew...Sew.....

Happy Sunday birdies ....

So...or I should say Sew...as this week that's all I have been doing.

Child 2 decided to drop on me she required 2 fancy dress costumes and one for her boyfriend this week.
The deadline was Friday as shes at uni in Lancs and her boyfriend was going to take them up.
So every night this week was dedicated to constructing a Victorian gypsy outfit, a tail and mittens for Puss in boots. Then there was a small matter of a tunic that was supposed to look like armour with a gold griffin on the front and back.

It was such a rush / stressful task given work is bedlam at the moment that no pictures were taken but shes promised me lots of pictures for next weeks blog*.
*I'm warning you now next post may well be a day late as we are away in Roger. 

So....what else can I ramble about ..... this weeks goals were , staying on food plan - this was kept to by and large with no major problems - if you don't count the fact I'm currently eating these..
 in my defence there were only a few left in the bag.
Challenge 2 was getting back to the gym....ummmm shall we just skip this one...! I failed spectacularly at this and never entered the vicinity of the gym let alone the gym. I should let you all know I sort of run. This is a loose term and I hesitate to call myself a runner as sometimes it doesn't really resemble running at all , but I give it a go. I have partaken in a few half marathons and 10K's and have a nice little medal collection now.
I've not really been out very much since my last half in October last year. I did start getting my miles up a bit in March in prep for Hackney half in May but my surf accident put paid to that little trip.
I'm booked to run the inaugural Disneyland Paris 5K and half in September and was procrastinating about getting out and starting again....then 2 things happened in quick succession. Firstly my sister (who doesn't really run aside from a 10K last year) decided to run another 10K in prep for her 5K at Disneyland Paris ( I know.... go figure a 10K to run a 5K! ), Any hoo I decided to join her as its a few weeks before Disney and a good training run. The second thing, my sister in law who does run and trained with me last year to run her first half (then swore at the finish never again ) famous last words, text me and asked if I wanted to run the Blackcountry half with her along the canals of the Blackcountry. Ummmmm said I depends when it is really as I have races in the diary....2.5 weeks she said !!! WHAT !!!!!!  picks phone up off floor.

So this morning saw me testing the waters and the theory that your muscles have a memory, and would take me on a nice 9 mile route I have. When I say nice I of course mean a hilly, vile bitch of a route but its pretty to look at and try and distract your brain. And boy did my legs remember, every blooming step ! I managed 8 miles constant and then instead of pushing on and risking injury I walked/ran the last mile, counting lampposts like you used to when you were a kid, walk a lamppost run a lamppost....no ? Just me then !
So the upshot is I've registered for the run and have effectively 1 week to get some miles under my belt as I always have the week prior to a race off any running at all and i'm away at the weekend. 
So next week I plan to do some short runs but plenty of speed work to get my legs working and hopefully carry me 13.1 miles on the the 2nd July.
For me running is 90% mental. I have a chimp in my brain telling me I cant do it, this feels wrong that feels off, turn back now , short cut here. Any other runners out there have the same problem ? I have a book called Chimp Management that has really helped me with these negative thoughts and given me a strategy for putting my chimp back in her cage.and I highly recommend it for all aspects of life. Running this race with someone whose pace will be about the same as mine so enabling us to hopefully stay together will be crucial to me getting to the end i think. Usually Nicki is faster than me but as shes carrying a slight injury we have decided the distance and bling at the end is more important than the time...just need my chimp to remember that on the day.

The last challenge this week was to keep smiling and I think I did well on this. 5 work days of 6am starts on the M6 and long days seeing me out the house for 12 hours most days were a challenge. But I kept smiling and felt so much better for the positivity.

So - sorry for the lack of pictures this week. Next week will be packed I promise.
I'll  post midweek a review on some new hair care products I've been using. I don't usually review products as a separate post but don't want this one dragging on, for anyone that's still with me here....hehehe 

Goals for this week :
Run, Run, Run
Smile 
Stop eating M&M's 

ohhh also I've started drinking cup of green coffee 's detox green coffee. If you follow me on instagram and if not why not ? Then you'll have seen me post about this and the lovely people at Cup of Green Coffee regramed my picture - so thanks guys. I'll update how this goes in a week or so to give it chance to do its thing (hopefully).

So that's me over and out for now. Have a fab week, I'll see you midweek for a mini review on my shampoo and hair stuff and remember birdies ......

Make good choices....

BB

X



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and taking the time to leave a message.
As soon as the message is moderated it will appear on the blog

thanks

BB x